3-Port Nanosecond Fiber Optical Switch Systems
The Brimrose 3-port fiber optical switch system plays a major role in modern fiber optic telecommunication and sensing systems that demands high-reliability operation, response, and continuous highfrequency switching.
This fiber optical switch is a powerful tool to switch an optical signal at nanosecond speed (200ns). The optical switch has two configurations: 1×2 or 2×1. The switch is bi-directional. The optical switch consists of the all fiber optic switch device and corresponding driver packaged in a rack-mountable enclosure. The switching is done by an external TTL compatible low voltage signal.
- 3-Port Fiber Optically Pigtailed
- 1x2 and 2x1 Configurations
- Compact Size and Rack Mount
- Solid-state: No Moving Parts
- Nanosecond Speed Response: ~200 ns
- Low Insertion Loss
- Low Power Consumption
- High Reliability, Environmentally Stable
- 9/125 µm Single-Mode (SM) Fiber
- Custom Configurations Available
- Optical Add/Drop, Cross Connect, and Ring Protection
- System Monitoring
- Telecommunication Applications
- Test & Measurement
- Optical Component Network or Field Projects in Fiber Optics Sensing System
- OEM Designs
|Switch Type||1x2 or 2x1|
|Wavelength Range (nm) *||C Band|
|Control Input (V) - TTL Signal **||0-5|
|Switch Time (ns)||~200|
|Number of Input Ports per Switch||2x1 Optical Switch||1x2 optical Switch|
|2 Input Ports||1 Input Port|
|Number of Output Ports per Switch||2x1 Optical Switch||1x2 optical Switch|
|1 Output Port||2 Output Ports|
|Case Type||3-Port Fiber Optically Pigtailed|
|Fiber Type *||9/125 μm Single-Mode|
|Optical Connector Types *||FC/APC|
|Total Insertion Loss (dB)||<2.5-3.0|
|Delay Time (μs)||~1|
|Case Size (mm)||150 x 45 x 14|
* Others available.
** TTL compatible voltage source for drive switch.
One optical channel will be up-shifted by 55 MHz and the other will be downshifted by -55 MHz.