The Brimrose Acousto-Optic Tunable Filter (AOTF) is a solid state acousto-optic device with no moving parts. It functions as a tunable transmissive filter. It is able to precisely and rapidly adjust the wavelength, and intensity of the diffracted/filtered light by varying the RF power.
Brimrose offers both standard and custom AOTFs. AOTFs are used widely in numerous optical systems and applications, especially in industrial or process control near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy applications.
If you require any information on the AOTF technology, contact our applications Engineers. They will be happy to answer your questions and support you with data and literature on specific Brimrose products. Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acousto-Optic Tunable Filter (AOTF) Diagram
- Fastest Scanning Speed – 16,000 Wavelengths/sec
- Solid State, No Moving Parts
- Real-Time, Dual-Beam (No Drifting)
- Immune to Ambient Light & Vibration
- Pre-Aligned Lamp Assembly
- Excellent Wavelength Repeatability
- High Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- Wide Spectral Wavelength Range
- Immune to Ambient Light Variations (rejection 1 to 1x10⁶)
- Works Reliably in Harsh Environmental Condition
AOTF is a core component in the Brimrose AOTF-NIR Spectrometer. This demonstrates fast scanning speed (16,000 wavelengths/second), solid state, real-time dual-beam reference, and immune to vibration.
– Spectrophotometry Monochromation
– Florescence Analysis, Transmission
– Laser Displays
– Online Process Control
– Confocal Microscopy
– Polarimetric Hyperspectral Imagery
(the AOTF is inserted in the imagery system)
- Other OEM Applications
In operation, acousto-optic tunable filters resemble interference filters and can replace a filter wheel, grating, or prism in many applications.