AOTF-NIR Thin Film Analyzer
Brimrose’s Luminar 4020 is a miniaturized, solid state, near infrared integrated thin-film analyzer. It is designed for non-contact, non-destructive measurements of chemical and physical properties on a wide range of substrates and coatings.
Applications include thickness of organic lacquer or lubricant on metallic foils, tin-plate, resin-coated steel sheets, metalized polymer films, extruded thin films, etc. Thus, the coating weight of adhesive and residual solvents can be routinely measured using this high-speed, on-line analyzer, which can either be mounted on a traveller and scanned across the web or have measurements performed statically.
The Luminar 4020 is not sensitive to ambient light, which is an important advantage. This eases installation requirements in the production environment. A novel optical design eliminates the interference fringes making the measurement of thin films now possible eliminating the need for costly gamma radiation or beta radiation monitors. A leading customer for the Luminar 4020 is 3M, which has used the unit to measure multiple coatings at a time.
For more detailed product information including the technical specification, please view the Luminar 4020 brochure. Fill in the request form to submit your requests regarding the Brimrose Luminar 4020.
- Miniaturized Design Includes Optical Module and Scaled-Down Electronics Mounted on the Optical Module
- No Moving Parts
- Dual-Beam, Pre-Aligned Lamp Assembly, InGaAs Detectors
- Fast Scanning Speed - 16,000 Wavelengths per Second
- Brimrose SNAP32! Analytical Software
- Measurements of chemical compositions
- Film thickness and film coating potentially to the micron level
- Coating Material: acrylic, epoxy phenolic,epoxy-urea, multi-layer films and tapes, nitrocellulose, polyesters, etc.
- Film thickness and residual solvents measured in-line
- Measurement of coating thickness of organic lacquer or lubricant on metallic foils