Brimrose’s rugged and high-performing on-line NIR process spectrometers deliver fast-response and multi-component analysis for a variety of process applications for many industries, including pharmaceutical, food & dairy, chemical, polymer, petrochemical, agricultural, seed, pulp & paper, and olive & grape industries.
View an application demonstration that highlights the SeedMeister's comprehensive on-site training sessions Brimrose conducts with its customers.
A major reason why Brimrose spectrometers are superior is our Acousto-Optic Tunable Filter (AOTF) technology, which the company has fully mastered after many years of research and application.
The AOTF technology enables Brimrose spectrometers to scan very fast (up to 16,000 wavelengths per second) and without moving parts. This makes our spectrometers the ideal tools for real-time, on-line industrial process control and process analytical technology (PAT). These analyzers meet all requirements and standards for on-line applications and are built to work reliably in long-term, harsh-production environments. One such application is for quality control in the measurement of nitrocellulose. Nitrocellulose is the elementary component of nearly all gun propellants.
Brimrose offers a variety of flow cells and probes should the customer need them for their AOTF-NIR spectrometers. Flow cells come with ANSI flanges, Swagelok fittings or sanitary flanges. Brimrose also provides a wide variety of probes, including diffuse reflectance, transflectance, dual purpose, and a sanitary flanged reflectance probe. Check our latest online NIR Spectrometer Catalog for more information.
This video highlights the comprehensive on-site training sessions Brimrose conducts with its customers. Representatives from Brimrose are shown closely working with customers in training and development of Brimrose SeedMeister AOTF-NIR analyzer including how to establish the baseline corrections and building the calibration models.
Following are a list of advantages of AOTF technology and benefits of AOTF-NIR real-time monitoring and control:
- Fast Scanning Speed - 16,000 Wavelengths/sec
- Solid State, No Moving Parts
- Real-Time Full Spectrum Dual-Beam with No Baseline
- Correction Required
- Pre-Aligned Lamp Assembly
- Excellent Wavelength Repeatability
- High Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- Immune to Ambient Light Variations (rejection 1 to 106)
- Work Reliably Even in Harsh Environmental Conditions
- Extensive Testing and Analyses at Lower Cost than Existing Practices
- Significant Manufacturing Cost Reduction
- Reduction of Product Inventory
- Elimination of Laboratory Testing
- Quality Control at Time of Manufacture
- Statistical Process Control
- Compliance at Point of Use