Brimrose places a high value on an educated workforce.
Dr. Ron Rosemeier, founder and CEO, Dr. Jolanta Soos, the company’s chief technology officer, and Dr. Sudhir Trivedi, Brimrose’s Director of Research, all have achieved Ph.Ds, as have many of the company’s executive staff. In fact, Dr. Rosemeier began the company while doing postdoc work at the University of Maryland. “At Brimrose, we value intellectually capable people who can move rapidly through complex ideas to achieve sustainable solutions,” said Dr. Rosemeier.
Following is a breakout of the overall educational achievement of the company’s workforce.
- Ph.Ds (23%)
- Masters (12%)
- Manufacturing Base (65%)
Brimrose Corporation of America was founded in 1980 by Dr. Ron Rosemeier as an R&D laboratory focused on Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) grants.
Brimrose uses acousto-optic tunable filters (AOTF) as a core technology for industrial and military applications. The company is focused on NIR spectrometers, acousto-optic components and advanced materials. While Brimrose has generated more than $100 million in R&D funding, 80 percent of its annual revenue comes from products.
Get Started (1/5)
- 1980 - Founded by Dr. Ron Rosemeier as an R&D laboratory utilizing (Small Business Innovative Research) SBIR’s and a defence contractor.
- 1985 - Became an Acousto-Optic company that developed and manufactured Acousto-Optic components - AO frequency shifters, modulators and deflectors; Started working on photonic and II-VI semiconductor materials.
- 1989 - Developed AOTF – Our Legacy!
Expanding / Innovating (2/5)
- 1990 - Turn Key Application Systems
- 1997 - FDA & GMP certified for 90% of all major pharmaceutical companies worldwide; Solvent Recovery Experiences - Flanged Flow Cells and a 10-channel multiplexer.
- 1999 - Designed and manufactured cost-effective compact green, red and invisible infra-red Diode-Pumped solid state Nd:YAG and Nd:YV04 Lasers for both scientific and OEM applications.
Growing Globally (3/5)
- 2000 - Introduced Brimrose "Seed Meister" NIR Spectrometer to the breeder problem.
- 2002 - Launched Thin Film NIR Analyzer, Blend Control NIR Analyzer, and Tablet NIR Analyzer at Pitton 2002; Used Luminar 5030 Handheld NIR Analyzer in the vineyard.
- 2003 - Designed the first Brimrose AOTF Camera Video Adapter (CAV 200); Chosen by the NASA/JPL to have our space-qualified miniature NIR spectrometers for the Mars and other space missions.
- 2005 - Introduced Brimrose Photo-EMF Laser Vibrometer (VMS 2000).
- 2010 - Manufactured VA 210 series of AOTF Hyperspectral Imaging Video Adapters.
- 2011 - Developed IS510-0.9-1.7 AOTF Hyperspectral Imager that integrates a Goodrich SWIR camera; Designed and manufactured the first Brimrose SWIR f22.5mm/f3.5 lens for 800-1700nm wavelength range.
- 2014 - Introduced the Luminar 4060 Miniature Laboratory AOTF-NIR Analyzer at the IFPAC 2014; Introduced a new line of fiber-coupled AO frequency shifters and modulators at OFC 2014; Developed ultra-high-speed AOTF tunable light sources (TLS 300) that can operate across the spectrum.
Brimrose Today (5/5)
- 2015 - Introduced the Luminar 4070 Miniature Free Space AOTF-NIR Process Analyzer.
Typical applications include blend control, drying process, pharmaceutical, agricultural/food and polymer, etc.